Sunday, March 30, 2014

Day 79 - At sea

Sunday, March 30

Fell asleep right away last night and slept well.  Woke up just after 9.  Watched the morning show (Laura "Sunshine" must have taken the weather with her as there was no weather forecast).

I was actually hungry for breakfast and had a Cumberland sausage and a blueberry muffin.  Then off to the Commodore Club where I renewed my soda card.  Worked on posting the blog while waiting for our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet.  We had ten people attend including a couple of people who embarked yesterday.

On the noon announcements the Captain finally gave the news that our stops in Egypt (Sharm El-Sheikh and Sokhna) have been cancelled.  I don't think many people were surprised - some disappointed but since most cruise lines cancelled their Egyptian ports months ago, hardly unexpected.  I had decided almost a year ago that I was not getting off the ship in Egypt anyway.  For me the good news was that we will be docking in Haifa, Israel.  As I have not been to Israel I am looking forward to it.  The actual schedule will be given to us later.

Lunch in the Lido and then I read for awhile in the World Voyage section of the Garden Lounge.

Then down to our Needlework/Knitting group.  We had about ten present, half of whom just embarked yesterday.

4:15 trivia was next.  It was the easiest one yet and I had 15 out of 21 correct.

We passed through a shipping lane going into the Gulf of Tonkin, so I went to the Commodore Club to watch.

Formal night tonight (we don't have many left) and the Black and White Ball.  We had seven present for dinner.  Went to the show.  It was Allan Stewart who was billed as a singer, comedian, and impressionist.  He has been on TV in the UK as well as theatre.  The audience went wild for him.

We turn our clocks back an hour tonight so extra sleep!

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment