Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 72 - At sea

Sunday, March 23

I want to thank all of you who have left get well wishes.  I am improving a little each day but am looking forward to the day when I can say, "I feel really good!"  The coughing can become really tiring (as well as annoying).

After a really early night last night (in bed by 10) I could only sleep about an hour at a time (still propped up in bed).  About 3am I took a couple of spoonfuls of cough medicine and was able to sleep for a few hours at a time.  Finally got up around 10.  Watched the morning show and sat on my balcony for awhile.  It is warmer than yesterday and the morning sun felt good.

Sat in the Garden Lounge and read until I thought I was going to fall asleep.  Decided to have lunch and then back to my stateroom for a long nap.

Went to trivia at 4:15 and had 13 out of 20 correct.  Laura "Sunshine" who does the morning weather and is part of the entertainment staff is going on vacation starting in Hong Kong.

Tried my first soft serve ice cream in over a week.  I still don't have much appetite which in one way is good but I am not sure it is good for a faster recovery.  I am getting a great deal of orange and pineapple juice.

Felt well enough to finally process some more of my pictures and was able to get some posted before I lost the internet connection.

Went to 7:45 trivia and did poorly (only 7 correct).  Watched the dancing for a bit before dinner.  We had seven for dinner.  I borrowed Jim's idea and had fresh strawberries with vanilla ice cream for dessert (very tasty).

I did not cough as much during dinner (meaning not every minute).

We have been warned that internet is often blocked in and around the ports in China so you may not hear from me for a few days.

Smooth sailing until next time!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling a little better. Hope that trend continues. Love your blog. Take care of yourself. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you are feeling a little better Kathi. It must be so miserable. Am seriously thinking about doing the other half of the world cruise next year as am missing the ship and all of you. If you see Laura "Sunshine" please give her my regards.

    ReplyDelete