Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 66 - Yokohama, Japan

Monday, March 17

I had an excursion planned for today but knew I wouldn't be able to go (I can't stay awake more than a couple of hours).  Finally got dressed and ventured out around 2:30.  I still have little appetite and the only thing that appealed to me was a roll.  Took a few pictures and turned in my library book and got another one.  Then it was time for a rest.

At 6:00 there was a welcoming ceremony.  This was the first time for QE to call in Yokohama.  Plaques were exchanged and short speeches were made.  After that a duo called Hanamas performed.  One of the young ladies played the violin and the other the a traditional Japanese instrument.

Back to my stateroom for another rest and then for my most ambitious foray.  7:45 trivia and then Irish music for St. Patrick's Day in the pub.   The music was only so-so.

Up to the Lido for a roll and some rice.  Nothing looked tasty and I don't even want ice cream.

Sail-away was amazing.  There had to be a couple of thousand people all along the dock.  They were waving, shouting "bye" and "thank you" and waving lights.  And all this after being an hour late leaving (three people from deck one were asked to call the purser's office - thinking they were not back yet) - we didn't leave until 11:00 pm.

Right after leaving we had to go under a bridge where there is only a 2 meter clearance.  There were people on the bridge waving to us as well (I wonder if it looked as close to them as it did to us?).

We get no internet at all in port and very spotty reception between ports in Japan.  Will post pictures later.

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment