Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Days 88 and 89 - At sea

Tuesday, April 8

Finally, sea days again!  A beautiful day with calm blue seas.  Up at 8:45 and after watching the morning show I was out in the sun by 9:20.

Had the pool to myself for about twenty minutes and swam some laps.

Came in and changed for a Cruise Critic Meet and Greet.

Then lunch in the lido and read some in the Garden Lounge (it was too hot to sit in the World Voyage section).  Then off to Needlework/Knitting group.  We only had six present.

4:15 trivia was hard and I only had 10 out of 25 correct.

Then time for an ice cream break and a sit on the balcony.  It was perfect weather with just a slight breeze to keep it from being too warm.  I saw two flying fish.

Six were present for dinner - it was a formal night.  Then to the show which was a singing duo called "Transatlantic".

I've gotten into the habit of picking up "one for the road" - an orange juice from the Golden Lion Pub - and taking it back to the stateroom.

Tonight we gained a half hour's sleep.

Wednesday, April 9

Take yesterday and substitute a nap for the Cruise Critic meeting and you pretty much have today.  I even had the same score at afternoon trivia.

Today we did have a 7:45 trivia at which I did really poorly - only 8 out of 20.

Only four for dinner and I did not go to the "Variety" show which featured three of the recent performers.

smooth seas

just after sunset

Smooth sailing until next time!



Tonight we gain a whole hour's sleep and we arrive in Sri Lanka tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment