Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 104 -At sea

Thursday, April 24

The Cunard woodpecker woke me up this morning a little after 9 (before I was really wanting to get up).  After I watched the morning show I went out on the balcony.  It was really perfect with a light breeze that was refreshing.  I sat and watched the sea before I put my head back and fell asleep (the "woodpecker" had moved on some place else).  I had planned on going to the 11:00 lecture (on ocean liners) but I did not wake up until 10:45 and I still needed to get ready.

Instead, I decided to eat lunch before the 12:15 lecture.  George McGhee talked about Doris Day.

When the lecture was over I sat in the World Voyage section of the Garden Lounge and finished reading my book.  Then headed down to the library and chose another book by Alanna Knight.

Once again we had about 18 at the Needlework/Knitting group.

Played 4:15 trivia with Brian, Chrissy, Judy and Mike again.  We had 14 out of 19 (one question was eliminated) with the winning team having 15.

Too hot to sit on the balcony in the afternoon.

Evening trivia was hard (Who was the first character to speak in the fourth Star Wars movie? ) and I only had eight correct.  Strangely it had four questions about spin-offs of US TV shows (Cheers, Friends, Star Trek the Next Generation, and the Golden Girls).

Only Lynn, the priest and me for dinner (more and more people at the table are skipping the formal nights and eating in the Lido).  Chatted with Gloria and John, two of my CC friends after dinner.

Tonight was supposed to be a Masquerade Ball but since Egypt was cancelled (and some people had come with Egyptian outfits) they made it a Masquerade/Fancy Dress Ball.  There was a parade of costumes (my pictures were not any good) and a winner in each category.

The show was a variety one with the pianist, Chris Hamilton, and the singer, Phillip Browne.  Picked up my orange juice and called it an evening.


Smooth sailing until next time!


Tonight we gained another hour's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment