Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 102 - At sea

Tuesday, April 22

Today was much like yesterday.  To the pool after watching the morning show.  Much hotter today and far less wind.

When I returned to my stateroom Shirley was still working on it so I went out on the balcony.  I heard the noon horn blowing and the next thing I knew it was 12:45!

Had to go to the Purser's Office because I had killed yet another keycard.  The same lady has helped me three out of the last four times I have killed one.  She is going to start calling me a serial killer!  I also turned in my request for tours in Aqaba and Haifa at the shore excursion desk.

Lunch in the Lido and then to the Library for another book.  This time I tried a mystery by Alanna Knight, an author I have not read before.

Another good turn out (16) at Needlework/Knitting group.

Afternoon trivia was the worst one yet - there were at least four very British questions.  I only had 7 right.  (Which creature can turn its stomach inside out?  Which country's name means "the savior"?). The tie breaker (a number of tables had 16 right) was "How many steps up to Big Ben?".

Sat out on my balcony for awhile.  Sunset was at 7:11 and technically (look it up) dusk does not begin until after the sun sets so I did not get reprimanded for having my curtains open.

Did better at early evening trivia with 12 out of 20. (In what movie did David Bowie play the Goblin King?  What "first" did asparagus have in the UK?)

Seven for dinner tonight (only Hilda was missing).  I went to the show tonight.  It featured a singer, Rebecca Storm.  She has been in a number of musicals in the UK.  She was ok.

I have been asked about the gentleman I spoke with in the laundrette yesterday.  He said there was not much difference between QE and QV except that the QV has a better area for the full World Voyage passengers.  Where we have a section of the Garden Lounge, QV has a separate room with good views.

Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. El Salvador! I got one trivia question right! :) Still love reading your blog, glad you are having a great trip.

    ReplyDelete