Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 106 - At sea

Saturday, April 26

The morning started out with beautiful blue skies, so after the morning show I headed to the pool.  The first hour was hot and sunny and I swam twice.  During the second hour there were some clouds that dropped just a few raindrops.

The captain announced that we are officially out of the pirate zone so the decks are lighted at night and we no longer have the restriction of closing our curtains.

Came in after the noon announcements to change before picking up my passport (we will need them for immigration in Israel).

Ate lunch in the Lido and Phyllis, who I met in knitting group, came by and we sat and talked.  After awhile Hilda, from the dinner table, came by and sat and we talked until after 2:00.

Headed to Needlework/Knitting group and we had 25 present (the most I have ever seen).

Then it was up to the Garden Lounge where trivia was being held (football was on in the pub).  Our team is called the "5 Travellers" and we always seem to be one off the winning team.  Today we had 16 correct.

I sat on my balcony for over an hour.  It was breezy and the temperature was very comfortable.

Seven of us from dinner met to eat in the Verandah Restaurant which is the French themed restaurant onboard.  We were originally supposed to eat there on Thursday but they made a mistake on our booking so they gave us each a free glass of champagne.  It was the good stuff not the usual stuff from the cocktail parties which one of the entertainment staff calls "Chateau de Gangway".  I had a crabmeat appetizer, a delicious organic beef fillet, and a custard with a burnt sugar coating on it with strawberries.  We all had a good time and a good meal.  We spent almost three hours at dinner.

The show was a repeat so I picked up my orange juice and went back to my stateroom.  Sat out on my balcony after watching the port presentation on Naples.

The fillet steak

The custard desert


Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment