Thursday, April 3, 2014

Days 82 and 83 - At sea

Wednesday, April 2

After an early bedtime I was up before 9.  It was a beautiful, sunny morning so after I watched the morning show I headed for the Lido pool.  Swam for awhile and sat out until 11:30.  There was an unusual double rainbow  around the sun.

Came back and changed to go to a lecture.  This was another by Julian Woolford about the "Golden Age of Broadway 1943-1967.

Decided to have fish and chips in the pub for lunch.  Then I went to the Lido and had cherry crumble for dessert (I really like crumbles).  Then it was time for Needlework/Knitting group.  Only had a few ladies present today.

Afternoon trivia came next but it was a tough one and I only had 9 out of 20 correct.  Decided to watch the horizon at the Commodore Club.  My throat and ears really started bothering me so back to my stateroom to take something.

Tonight was a formal night  and the Royal Ascot Ball.  A few ladies had some great hats.

Went to see "Hotel Royale" in the theatre,  It is my favorite of the shows presented by the Royal Cunard Singers and Dancers.  Stopped in the pub to get an orange juice and met up with friends listening to the karaoke.  

Worked on the blog until about 1:30.

interesting double rainbow around the sun

some of the ladies in their hats for the Ascot Ball


Thursday, April 3

Well I pulled a major boo-boo today!  At dinner last night we talked about changing the clocks.  Usually the server reminds us when we are getting ready to leave and the TV is left on by my stewardess with a reminder.  Neither of those happened so I went to bed thinking the change would take place on Friday morning.

Got up at what I thought was 9:45.  Watched the morning show, spent a few minutes (really hot) on the balcony and then left for the 11:00 lecture on Phantom of the Opera.  Got to the theatre and the man lecturing about Hitchcock was setting up.  Uh-oh!  Either I had read the program wrong or my time was off.  Listened to the speaker and then went to pick up my passport for Singapore.  Passed the clock and realized it was 1 pm not noon.  I had to go to the purser's office to pick up my passport as the desk giving them out on deck 2 closed promptly at 1:00 (I got there at 1:03).

My whole day was thrown off!  I lost an hour of doing nothing!  I ate lunch then headed to Needlework/Knitting group.  There were only five of us today.  Afterwards, a couple of us talked to a lady who had brought lots of scrapbooking stuff with her (an album, page protectors, scissors, glue, etc).  We talked about how nice it would be if Cunard (like some of the other cruise lines) had a dedicated craft spot and a person who would teach crafts (even if you had to pay a small fee).  They have watercolour classes but some of us are not talented in that area.

Arrived a little late to afternoon trivia and only got 10 out of 20 correct.  Then for an ice cream on deck 9 and back to sit on the balcony for a bit.  It has been a beautiful day and the sea is very calm.

Went to early evening trivia and only had five correct (the winning team only had eleven).  Do you know the name of the horse decapitated in The Godfather?  I sat with the lady who comes in to listen to help her learn English.  She is from Paris.  Unfortunately my high school French does not go much past "bonjour" and "au revoir".

As the evening progressed my ear started hurting more and more.  I am going to go back to the medical centre tomorrow morning because I am convinced at least one ear is infected.

Only four of us for dinner tonight.  Got an orange juice to take back to my stateroom and went back to my stateroom and took a paracetamol to (hopefully) relieve the pain until tomorrow.

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment