Friday, February 28, 2014

Days 48 and 49 - At sea

Thursday, February 27

Up at 9 and out to the pool.  Sat with Chez and spoke with a few other shipboard friends.  Once again I did not get in the pool so at 12:30 I went to the Lido to eat lunch.

Back at my stateroom I washed my hair and then sat on the balcony for awhile.

We had a few new people at Needlework/Knitting group.  Two are going back to Southampton and the others are getting off in Sydney.

After tea I went to the Commodore Club to enjoy the view and read awhile.

Tonight was another Black and White Ball.  It was the last formal night for this segment so there was the "Parade of Chefs".  After dinner I decided to go to the show even though I had seen it before (Palladium Nights).


Friday, February 28

Where has the month of February gone?  Admittedly it was only 27 days long for me, but it really passed quickly!

Woke up to a somewhat cloudy morning (no pool) so I rolled over and went back to sleep.  We had to go through Australian immigration this morning and my scheduled time was between 11:30 and 1:00.  As I was watching the morning show, there was an announcement that anyone could come down so I got dressed and went to deck 3.  There were about 30 people in line in front of me.  First, we picked up our passports then went to the immigration officer.  Once he stamped the passport, you turned it back in.  I was done in less than ten minutes (much better than in San Francisco where some people waited over an hour and a half).

Read in the Lido until lunch started. Then back to my stateroom to collect my hat and knitting and then to stake out a viewing spot for the "Pancake Challenge".  Sixteen teams from various departments competed to win the "Golden Pan" trophy.  They had to run around the pool flipping a pancake in a pan.  The winning team was the Maître 'd team who were the defending champions.

The competition ended right about 3 pm, just in time for Needlework/Knitting group.  Only had about six attend today because quite a few are getting off in Sydney.  Tea time afterwards.

Ten of us from dinner met at the Pavilion Pool for wine before dinner.  It was an early night because of an early morning for the sail in to Sydney.

Preparation for the Pancake Challenge




The teams


The champions


Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment