Monday, January 6, 2014

Almost time to go!


My bags are packed.  Goodbyes have been said. And now, it is just waiting time.  I hope to be able to sleep some tonight (will it is already Tuesday, so I guess I should say this morning) because I cannot sleep on a plane.

About 11 a.m. my ex will pick me up and drive me to Dulles Airport in Northern Virginia.  My flight is scheduled to leave at 6:15 p.m. local time.  I did my first online check-in and printed off my boarding pass on Monday night.  I got the aisle seat I wanted in premium economy (my days of flying "sardine class" are over).  I also paid the $168 fee for taking 3 suitcases (you are allowed two)  According to my handheld luggage scale, all three cases are under 50 pounds.

Here is a picture of my cruise closet before I started packing.




And here is my cruise closet today.


So now it is basically waiting and wondering what could I have possibly forgotten!

Smooth sailing until next time!


3 comments:

  1. Bon voyage!! I'm so excited for you! Keep your blog updated as much as you can! -Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi: So excited for you now that the time has finally arrived for you to start this amazing trip. I hope for you, and all those great people on your roll call, a most wonderful journey. May you all make special memories and new friendships that will stay with you always. It has been a joy to read the roll call over these many many months of planning and anticipation for this trip. Thank you for taking your time to do this blog and will be looking forward to each post. My very best wishes to all, seasidegal SAFE TRAVELS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, by now you should be in Southampton, hopefully catching up on your sleep. Just 2 more sleeps until you board. I'll be following along until my own adventure starts in February. BON VOYAGE
    Roy

    ReplyDelete