Tuesday, January 21, 2014


Days 10 and 11 - At Sea

Sunday -  I am having a hard time disconnecting with the internet and used up the 500 minutes I purchased in eight days.  So today I purchased the largest package (which is 1920 minutes) and hope it will last me until Sydney.

Went to the 11:00 lecture by Bill Miller about the "The Great Atlantic Liners".  He is a very dynamic speaker and will be doing more lectures that I plan to attend.  We had our second Cruise Critic Meet and Greet and were able to welcome some of the passengers who embarked in New York City.  About 20-25 attended.

Today is blustery out on deck and the Captain announced we had gale force winds.  Lots of white caps and some movement but still not as much as we had in the early days of the crossing.

This evening's show was a singer named David Shannon who has played Jean Valjean in Les Mis and the Phantom in Phantom of the Opera.

Monday - What a difference a day makes!  I woke up around 9 and the sky was blue and the sun was shining into my stateroom.  I decided to stay in the bed and admire the view - I woke up an hour later!  I then stuck my head outside and found the temperature was lovely (about 65F/18C) so I sat on my balcony for almost an hour.  After lunch I finally explored the outside portion of deck 10 and sat in the sun for another hour.  There were a few people in bathing suits and one hearty soul was swimming in the pool.

Since I had no plans for today, I decided to go ahead and do a load of wash.  I had to wait about a half an hour to get one of the three washers but I did learn how to dismantle a dryer - one of the mechanics was in there trying to fix it.  When I went back to put things in the dryer, he was reassembling the machine - now we have three working washers and dryers.  Took about two hours from the start until all was dry.

I sat and watched the dancing for awhile after dinner but made it an early night.

Fort Lauderdale tomorrow and I am looking forward to a few hours of fast, free internet at a Panera!


Smooth sailing until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got some pics up! I want to see a pic of and from your balcony!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathi: Have the web cam up for Port Everglades and waiting to wave good bye to you. Hope your day went well in Ft. Lauderdale today. Hope all your fellow CC roll-call passengers are enjoying themselves. Have the Fashion Police been doing a good job? :-) Take care and thanks again for sharing this wonderful trip with us. So excited for you! Seasidegal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi: Just wanted to add that when we were on QE in April that disconnecting was a problem for a group of us. They refunded some of our minutes as we had logged off but it wasn't going off promptly. As long as we logged off before we disconnected they gave our minutes back. Hope it gets working better for you. C.

    ReplyDelete